BITSAT or Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test is one of the toughest engineering entrance examinations today, attributed to BITS (set-up on the lines of Massachusetts Institute of Technology) being one of the best engineering colleges in our country. There are three BITSAT Colleges in India and all three hold a unique value in terms of education.
BITSAT was one of the first entrance exams in our country to introduce the computer-based exam method. The examination slots for BITSAT usually start from mid-May and a candidate can reserve a slot on a first-come-first-served basis. It has a unique exam pattern and the score of the exam is displayed right at the end of the exam.
At the beginning of the counselling, candidates can apply for an engineering branch of their choice in one of the three BITS Colleges – Pilani campus, Hyderabad campus, and Goa campus. Each of these BITSAT colleges have theirown branch-wise and campus-wise cutoffs. All the campuses offer similar academic program with a few minor changes.
The Pilani campus, in Pilani, Rajasthan is the oldest. Pilani is located 220 kilometres west of Delhi and 217 kilometres north of Jaipur; the BITS campus is south of the bus stand. The institute has eleven hostels for men and one for women. The hostels are named after saints, historical and religious figures. Every two men’s hostels share a dining area, and there is a separate dining area for the women’s hostel.
The Goa campus was set up in 2004, and was designed by the Indian arm of the RSP design group. The campus is located in Zuarinagar, Goa, on the banks of the Zuari River, and houses 2,600 students. The BITS Goa Campus has a BCCI-recognised cricket ground maintained by the Goa Cricket Association that has hosted several national level tournaments such as the Vijay Hazare Trophy and a football ground maintained by Salgaocar F.C. That would be quite a plus for some students!
The Hyderabad campus was started in 2008. Situated on the Rajiv Rahadari (SH 1, Hyderabad-Karimnagar-Ramagundam Highway) near the Hakimpet Air Force Station, the campus is located at a distance of 5 km from the Shamirpet junction of the Outer Ring Road, Hyderabad.
There are a lot of factors you need to consider when selecting a campus of your choice. Go through all the information thoroughly – the most important factor being the syllabus of your choice. Whatever campus you choose, BITS is one of the most reputed institutes in India today, and you are guaranteed to enjoy your scholarly days with some of the brightest minds in the country.
BITSAT 2016 website: http://bitsadmission.com/bitsatmain.aspx
- Online Application Form
- Check Application Status
- Admit Card
- Slot Booking
- Check Which Exam Center is Allotted to you
- Result – Score & Merit List
- Admission Form
- BITSAT Cut Offs
- Sample Paper
- Practice Paper
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Exam Preparation
- BITSAT Rank Predictor
BITSAT 2016 Exam Pattern
BITSAT 2016 is a computer based test. The test is designed to test student’s aptitude in subjects which would decide his / her merit for engineering admissions, pharmacy admissions, M.Sc admissions. The detailed exam pattern of BITSAT 2016 is given below.
|Part I – Physics||40|
|Part II – Chemistry||40|
|Part III (a) – English Proficiency||15|
|Part III (b) – Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV – Mathematics / Biology (for B.Pharm)||45|
- Duration of exam is three (3) hours.
- All the questions will be objective multiple choice questions with four options each. Only one answer will be correct.
- Marks scored for correct answer would be +3. Incorrect answer will fetch negative marking, of -1 mark.
- There is no separate time limit for individual sections. Student can navigate through all the questions at any time within the duration of exam.
If a candidate answers all 150 questions in 180 minutes, he / she will get extra questions. There will be a maximum of 12 extra questions which will be a good opportunity to score higher.
If you have decided to pursue engineering in Under Graduation, scoring high in BITSAT for BITS Pilani Admission 2016-2017 might already be one of your goals. Here are some points to keep in mind while preparing.
- The general syllabus is similar to that for other engineering entrance exams like the JEE. You do not have to specifically prepare topics for the BITSAT exam.
- However, it is wise to go through the syllabus of BITSAT 2016 and make sure that you have covered all the topics.
- There is negative marking in the entrance exam. One (1) mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. Remember this during the exam and avoid answering questions you are less than 50% sure of.
- Extra questions are displayed for candidates who have answered all 150 questions and time is left. You can attempt maximum of twelve (12) extra questions.
- BITSAT is the only exam where extra questions are displayed.
Get an idea of minimum marks required to be scored in the exam. Last year’s cut offs are given here for that purpose. This year cut off will vary depending upon level of difficulty of exam, average performance of test takers, number of seats.
|BE (Hons)||Cut Off BITS Pilani||Cut Off BITS Goa||Cut Off BITS Hyderabad|
|Electronics and Instrumentation||340||311||311|
|Electrical and Electronics||362||327||318|
BITSAT Application Form
Has been released on January 8, 2016. BITSAT 2016 Application Form filling has commenced and candidates can apply after determining eligibility.
BITSAT 2016 Application Form – How to apply, when to apply?
The following major points regarding BITSAT Application Form 2016 should be noted.
- Read the information brochure and note the following points – Are you eligible for BITSAT 2016? What mode of fee payment will you opt for while filling the BITSAT Application Form? Do you have all the documents you need to refer to while filling up the form?
- Keeping the important documents handy, proceed to fill up the BITSAT 2016 Application Form on the official websitecom.
- After entering all the details correctly, uploading documents, check that everything mentioned in the form is verifiable.
- Pay requisite application fees and submit the form before last date specified in the important dates table.