FOUNDATION offers concept building & gradual improvement in the performance of the children. Brilliant student in high school lose interest in their studies, because of several reasons, and some of them are, boredom, the application of the concepts isn’t clarified, the teacher’s practices have different relationship with student self-concepts, and higher anxiety when exposed to complex math. Most of the STEM concepts used at advanced level are learnt in high school and having a deep understand of these concepts reduce student anxiety when exposed to complex concept in JEE or later in engineering or pure sciences. Students whose concepts aren’t clear, have higher anxiety and fear of failure, which lower their performance later in life.
The Mediating factors for good performance are
- Peers: Having hard-working friends can increase mathematics self-concept, but students can develop lower beliefs in their own ability when they compare themselves to higher-achieving peers
- Parents may transfer their feelings about mathematics to their children, even high-performing ones
- Teachers’ practices can have a different relationship with student’s self-concept and anxiety depending on students’ familiarity with mathematics
We at CFAL provide and environment where the best students in mangalore get together, learn and compete with each other. We believe in teaching student to solve multiple, diverse problems related to the topic being taught.
Students who are able to resolve the problem taught is school, or resolve a similar problem with different numbers, might not have a deep understanding of the concept. While this might be sufficient to excel in school exams, clearing national and international level exams requires a deeper understanding that can come through solving multiple and harder problems that aren’t in text books.
Our holistic learning approach ensures the success/improvement of students of class 7thto 10th in their school exams, boards, NTSE and several national/international Olympiads such as NSEP/NSEB/NSEC/NSEA, IJSO, NMTC, RMO and private Olympiads like IMO, NSO, NSTSE, etc.
Foundation courses have been specially designed with a view to prepare students of class 7th to10th by building a firm foundation of every concept. The periodic tests at are planned in such a manner which evaluates the profundity of students’ learning and the analysis reports of the test give a microscopic feedback to student on areas or subjects which need to be worked upon and improved.
Along with the school level studies, students are thus geared up for competitive examinations like NTSE, various National/International Olympiads and nationally recognized awards like Balshree, National Child Award etc.
The program will also help you in 10th& 12th Boards & also prepare you for NTSE / KVPY and Other Scholastic Competitive Examinations. In addition, this program will also lay a strong foundation for Olympiads by enhancing student’s potential. Students joining this program will have more time to clear their fundamentals and practice extensively for JEE (Advanced) or NEET.
COURSE STRUCTURE :
- Subjects covered: In class 7th – 10th Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Social Studies & Mental Ability will be covered for NTSE level
- 300 hours of classes, provided with all material, and the practice problems
- Access to online material, lectures, videos, and grades
- Right mix of classes, problem solving and Doubt Clearing Classes.
- Comprehensive & thoroughly revised study material.
- Periodic tests on the latest competitive exam pattern.
- Regular feedbacks.
- Home assignments / Workbook.
- Chapter Practice Problems (CPP): On each chapter students will be given chapter practice problems which they have to attempt and submit before the beginning of the next chapter. These solutions will be checked and will be returned to the students with remarks and suggestions, thus helping every student to have a very strong command over fundamental concept knowledge, very crucial for getting Top ranks.
- Competitive among students for stress free preparation only 3/4 days classes per week.
Examinations students will give at the high school level:
- IJSO:IJSO is a competitive examination open to students of all countries in the world, primarily studying in secondary schools. All basic subjects of Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics) are given roughly equal representation in the IJSO examination.
- The Junior Science Olympiad program follows the following 5 stages:
- Stage I:National Standard Examination in Junior Science (NSEJS)
- Stage II:Indian National Junior Science Olympiad (INJSO)
- Stage III:Orientation cum Selection Camp (OCSC) in Junior Science
- Stage IV:Pre-departure Training Camp (PDT) for IJSO
- Stage V:Participation in International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO)
- NTSE:The examination is conducted in 2 stages. The students who qualify second stage are eligible for scholarship. The amount of scholarship is Rs.1250 per month for class XI and XII and Rs.2000 per month for students studying under graduate and above.
- AMTI : To discover and encourage students who have the capacity for original and creative thinking, readiness to attack unfamiliar and non-routine problems exhibiting a general mathematical ability appropriate to their level.