8 IIT JEE Books Every Aspirant Should Have
Studying for IIT JEE which is regarded as one of the world’s toughest entrance exams needs comprehensive planning and resources. Even though 70% of your time is spent in practice for which Toppr.com‘s adaptive platform would be a perfect supplement, you still need to be excellent at your theory and concepts in order to practice these questions. We have compiled an exhaustive list of 8 IIT JEE preparation books which every aspirant should refer in order to have a good understanding of the subjects. This list is compiled by our inhouse experts who have either cracked competitive exams or have taught aspirants who have excelled at these exams.
1. Concepts of Physics – HC Verma (Volume I & II) : H C Verma’s Concepts Of Physics is an all-inclusive book, which serves to detail out the ABC of physics in an intricate manner making it an ideal book for not only the higher secondary students, but also for those who are preparing for their competitive examinations.
2. Physics – Resnich Halliday (Volume I & II) : This is the most comprehensive and detailed book on the market. It has been edited to clarify conceptual development in light of recent findings from physics education research, and the mechanics sequence has been re-organised so that energy is a capstone topic.
3. Physical Chemistry – O.P Tondon
A New Generation Book For JEE & All Other Engineering Entrance Examinations, authored by A. S. Singh and O. P. Tandon, is a text book for Chemistry students who intend on applying for JEE and other important entrance exams for Engineering students.
4. Numerical Chemistry – P Bahadur
New Pattern Numerical Chemistry: A New Pattern Book for IIT-JEE and all Other Engineering Entrance Examinations, authored by Dr. P. Bahadur, is a useful guide for students specializing in numerical chemistry.
5. Mathematics – Cengage
Cengage Learning India is a book house that has been developing and publishing numerous books for higher education – both academic and professional, library reference books and also for various competitive exams.
6. Trignometry, Coordinate Geometry – SL Loney : The Elements of Coordinate Geometry Cartesian Coordinates & Plane Trignometry are comprehensive books for students pursuing advanced courses in mathematics.
7. Algebra – Hall and Knight : Higher Algebra is a comprehensive book for high school students. The book comprises of chapters on ration, proportion, arithmetical and geometrical progression, harmonic progression, scales of notation, permutations and combinations, partial fractions, theory of numbers, determinants.
8. Calculus – Thomas and Finney : Thomas/Finney 9th edition covers all of the essential aspects of calculus, with an adequate amount of rigor as to not to confuse the freshman audience it is intended for. The graphs and diagrams are especially useful, and the book is extremely well-written.